By Shaker A. Mousa
1This choice of overview articles highlights the newest improvement of antithrombotics and gives confirmed experimental equipment for the extra improvement of latest and greater anticoagulants. one of the state of the art advancements reviewed are the radical utilization of low molecular weight heparins, such antithrombin brokers because the hirudin, and such antiplatelet medications because the GPIIb/IIIa inhibitors and ADP receptor antagonists. extra strategies mentioned comprise aspirin and clopidogrel, the accelerated use of polytherapeutic methods, antiproteases (factors IIa, Xa, and VIIa), tissue issue focusing on, platelet receptor concentrating on, and antithrombin III modulation.
Read Online or Download Anticoagulants, Antiplatelets, and Thrombolytics (Methods in Molecular Medicine) PDF
Similar hematology books
This very provocative publication takes the reader on a 'think-out-of-the-box' trip throughout the improvement of a remedy routine for a number of myeloma referred to as 'dtZ'. it's a firsthand account of ways greater than 50 sufferers with myeloma got a non-toxic, precisely-targeted, anti-cancer therapy that used to be particularly tailored to their person cancers.
Because the discovery of chemokines and of chemokine receptors it has turn into glaring that expression of chemokines on the web site of irritation may well control the composition of mobile infiltrate, thereby directing the kind of immune reaction. lately, the molecular characterization of inherited issues of immune process, (e.
The world's so much very popular reference textual content at the mechanisms and scientific administration of blood diseasesEdition after version, Williams Hematology has guided generations of clinicians, biomedical researchers, and trainees in lots of disciplines in the course of the origins, pathophysiological mechanisms, and administration of benign and malignant issues of blood cells and coagulation proteins.
This publication, in Q&A layout, addresses quite a lot of clinically proper themes and matters in Nonmalignant Hematology, or “Benign Hematology,” with the intention to supplying a powerful, attractive instrument that might support each hematologist and oncologist (pediatric and grownup both) in making judgements in the course of daily perform.
- Experimental Hematology Today—1988: Selected Papers from the 17th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Experimental Hematology August 21–25, 1988, Houston, Texas, USA
- Mollison's blood transfusion in clinical medicine
- Advances in Immunology
- ABC of clinical haematology
- Stem Cell Aging: Mechanisms, Consequences, Rejuvenation
Extra info for Anticoagulants, Antiplatelets, and Thrombolytics (Methods in Molecular Medicine)
In contrast, positions farther downstream are avoided in order to minimize the effects of upstream platelet adhesion, and subsequent aggregation on both the fluid dynamic environment as well as bulk platelet concentration. 7. The digitization of a background image (at the onset of perfusion prior to platelet adhesion to the collagen I surface) and its subtraction from a subsequent image acquired 5-s after an initial platelet adhesion event allows the determination of the fluorescence intensity emitted by a single platelet.
85, 491–493. 12. Gear, A. R. L. and Lambrecht, J. K. (1981) Reduction in single platelets during primary and secondary aggregation. Thromb. Haemostasis 45, 298. 13. Peterson, D. , Stathopoulos, N. , Giorgio, T. D, Hellums, J. , and Moake, J. L. (1987) Shear-induced platelet aggregation requires von Willebrand factor and platelet membrane glycoproteins Ib and IIb-IIIa. Blood 69, 625–628. 14. Jen, C. J. and McIntire, L. V. (1984) Characteristics of shear-induced aggregation in whole blood. J. Lab.
25. Giugliano, R. , Roe, M. , et al. (2001) Restoration of epicardial and myocardial perfusion in acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction with combination eptifibatide and reduced dose tenecteplase: dose finding results from the INTEGRITI Trial (abstract). Circulation 104, II–538, 2001. 26. , Giugliano, R. , and Antman, E. M. (2001) Bolus fibrinolytic therapy in acute myocardial infarction. JAMA 286, 442–449. 27. Brener, S. , Adgey, A. , et al. (2002) Eptifibatide and low dose tissue plasminogen activator in acute myocardial infarction: the integrelin and low dose thrombolysis in acute myocardial infarction (INTRO-AMI) Trial.